Thursday 26 December 2013

Random Thoughts : The spirit of Christmas




The Spirit of Christmas

 
 
I have been cheating!!Call it whatever...                                               

but what I have done is not really punishable.

coz i was teaching something...

faith, belief, harmony,

appreciating other traditions,

joining others festivities...

believing in others, yourself.... and so on...

I made my children really believe that there was a Santa Claus and he would get them gifts .... they would decorate the tree, make creative decorations…[ some of them would be path breaking…. Like a mobile [!!!!], a trumpet, a broom[ thanks to harry potter], and what not… they learnt to think out of the box to make something new every time…

The children in the neighbourhood would enjoy playing with each other..... sing carols.... learn about Rudolph....and be good children.... [Coz Santa gives gifts to only good children??!!!.].

I did all this and much more….

I taught them letter writing -- write a letter to Santa asking for gifts, your letter should be polite and give him a choice of gifts to choose from [for you] it might not be available in the market sometime [aaagh… it used to be tough finding the exact thing….]

Speech writing…. What would you say if you met Santa…. Or if  Santa visited you. How would you greet him and what would you do …..

Message writing….. You want a gift from Santa….but will be unable to stay awake late in the night to meet him…. Leave a message for him… informing him the reasons for doing so…

It was through and through teaching beyond the classroom…. Teaching values… faith, conviction.

All the while I would enjoy playing secret Santa, buying the gifts.. wrapping them and then hiding them till they went off to sleep…then joining them when they would un wrap them -to see their excitement…

Then they grew up….… started questioning…. Stopped believing everything we said…. Lost their innocence…grew out of childhood.

Sigh!.

This time I again asked my kid to write a note for Santa… for  his gifts…

He didn’t.

He said…I won’t ask him for anything more… he has given me everything…lovely parents who take care of all my needs… if he wants to give anything on his own…. He may do so…

Now what do I do….

Any suggestions.???

 

2 comments:

  1. Dear Friend

    Ask the kids ( now grown ups) to write a letter to God thanking Him for giving birth in such parents' home and for giving every thing they wanted, also pl teach them that now it's their time to play Santa.

    I always ask my kids to pray to God to send Santa, the angel of God , to write a letter to God for everything they want from Santa after all Santa is God's angel and only God may send Santa n gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are right khaleeq. shall do so. thank you for your suggestion.

    ReplyDelete