Monday 22 April 2013

Random Thoughts

' Missing you.....'

It scares me

Family Bonding is a  precarious thin thread.

Relationships only exist on fb

Relations visiting each other is sacrilegious-

“How could they even think of coming to pay a visit??”

“Don’t they know today is a Sunday??”

“MY holiday and tomorrow is the kids Unit Test??”

‘Relations’  have been cast on to a ‘ship’

I meet my friends more often than my cousins or bros and sisters

I miss my cousins

I miss my childhood

I miss  my nani [as she made sure we all found time to bond]

I miss those days when there was no time set for ‘playtime’


 I miss their attention, love


I miss their asking me something

I miss our sharing and caring

I miss our girlish giggles

I miss listening to grievances and acknowledging concerns

I miss the chilling out and spending time together

I miss the emotional bonding

I miss all that and much more

Those were the days my friend!

As the years pass by

I see them grow and go their separate ways

I see them grow ambitious and independent

I see them grow… away …

But that bonding feeling---does stay


Time goes so fast, we don’t see it pass

Before we know it we are breathing our last.

Those were the ONLY days my friends.

Heemal


 

2 comments:

  1. That is one really emotional poem ma'am......my mother just read it and she says "it's pretty realistic". Maybe she misses her childhood too:P

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes dear. its written from my own experience and something that we would all relate to. each one of us. when will you share ur poetry???

    ReplyDelete